Great news: at long last we have in-flat internet! It's not an ideal situation (running a 30ft cable from the landlord's flat through our window) but the exhausting routine of trekking around 4 or 5 internet and wireless-capable cafés is finally over. This also means that I can once again return to Tom in Egypt, as for the past few days whenever I've been near an internet connection I've been hooked to following what's going on in Iran. As if I didn't have big enough Twitter addiction problems already....


This week has mainly been about settling in to the flat, and I've started sending out a few emails about jobs etc. Last night I stopped by the Cairo Refugee Film Festival, an event put on in celebration of World Refugee Day (June 20th). This time last year I was helping out at Tucson's festival and it's great to be able to see how the day is being celebrated around the world. I'd really like to do some volunteering with refugees here in Cairo, if nothing else it'd be an excellent way to pass all my free time until I find a job. Tonight I'm going to a CASA 'Ahwa party in Maadi where I'll hopefully meet Andrea's coursemates and find somewhere to watch the football. I wasn't too sure what the Confederations Cup was, but they're taking it very seriously over here and by the look of the Brazil team that narrowly, undeservedly even, beat Egypt on Sunday, so is everyone else. Tonight the Pharoes come up against world champions Italy, and after their performance last match, the locals are expecting big things of their boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.